Tuesday, October 10, 2006

"Are You a MexiCAN or a MexiCANT!?"



I have nothing against the Latino population. Let it be known that the subject line is a line Johnny Depp says in Once Upon a Time In Mexico. The only problem I have is with my neighbors...who happen to be of Latino descent! Last night I woke up to what sounded like 30 Mexicans running up the stairs through the hallway and into the adjoining apartment and slamming the door like there was a wild gunman behind them! Which for all I know there could have been, however I did not hear gunshots ring out so I can only assume they were just being a wild herd. Then someone proceeded to sing at the top of their lungs...it almost sounded like a child but as I was in a half-conscious stupor I really don't know. Slamming doors, singing people, stampeding herds, laughing, pan tossing! Apparently their kitchen is right next to my bedroom and for a moment last night I thought someone was cooking right behind my head. I love my apartment I really do, and I don't even mind the noisy neighbors...however last night I could have done without it. I thought for SURE it was 4am they were creating this raucous...but as I looked at my clock it was 1am...which is still a little late to be running a mini marathon in the hallway. WELL OH WELL!

2 comments:

Karenkool said...

Are you living in my attic??? Cuz I could swear that was MY house last night!!! Latinos and all. And please refrain from telling any of your neighbors they smell like "dish water" even if you are friends with them, cuz you could get detention for 5 straight days.

Anonymous said...

When I saw the title of this particular post i thought, "She better have included a picture of Johnny Depp as the CIA wacko who utters this line!" It just wouldn't work as well without it ;)
My favorite image (http://videodetective.com/photos/684/028729_31.jpg) is when he wears these wacko sunglasses that my grandmother wears and a t-shirt that says CIA (or FBI?) and goes to this bullfight. Yeah.