Thursday, October 19, 2006

Don't mind that cracking you hear, its just my back



Today we were in need of some supplies, so my lovely coworkers out on Long Island sent what we needed in with a man we've worked with...Dick Stubbe. (I kid you not, that is his legal name). So Stubbe Dick calls me up and says "I'm gonna be downstairs in one minute! Someone's gotta come down to get this stuff!" I'm the only one in the office at the time so I'm like okay I'll come down. First let me tell you a little about Dick...he drives a big white chrysler with Florida license plates. He is in his 60's and I never liked him. Mainly because his business is Closed Captioning...and most of what they dub for SOME REASON is Women's Wrestling...about 98% of that is "Erotic". Thank God I don't have to do that anymore. So I always see Dick Stubbe as a dirty dirty man...and the name doesn't help either! Keeping ALL that in mind I move on to the second part of my story....
I take the flimsy little handtruck down, I see Dick in his white chrysler and a policeman standing next to his car. I think to myself "uh oh, Stubbe Dick (which we refer to him as) is getting a ticket! Upon closer arrival I see that he's not getting a ticket that he is just randomly chatting it up with this guy! I say hi and Stubbe makes some motion in his car and goes "yeah its in the trunk"...(he popped the hood). He immediately goes back to chatting it up w/Mr. Police. I think to myself, well that's a little rude but not completely unexpected of a man who goes by the name of DICK. I go to the trunk and see about 4 large boxes, one medium sized box, an envelope and a bag. Just great. I call around to Dick who is sitting in his fat man American car with leather interior...and say "are these all for us?!?!" He gets out of the car and for a moment I think...OH maybe he'll be a gentleman and help me lift at least one box out...or at least perhaps the young police officer will take pity on me and the fact that I weigh 100lbs wet and my arms are like noodles. Dick says "yep all of those boxes..I'd help ya out but I have a luncheon to go to." So at that point I'm like... FINE!!! I GOT IT!! The RAGE that is welling up in me and boiling my blood will give me SUPERHUMAN STRENGTH!!! So I pick up 5 boxes...all of which are jammed with VHS, DVD cases, and all sorts of media...not very light. SO...I put the boxes one on top of the other while they watch....and once again Stubbe Dick says "I'd help ya, but I have a luncheon to go to"..... YEAH WELL FROM WHERE I'M STANDING BUDDY YOU COULD AFFORD TO MISS A LUNCH!! The police officer looks like he wants to help but doesn't....what do I look like, an advocate for women's rights!?? HELP ME DAMMIT!!! THANK YOU FOR CONFIRMING THE FACT THAT MEN ARE INDEED IDIOTS. I load it all up on my own and thankfully at least the officer helps me get it up OVER the curb. And some woman held the door for me to go into the building...but man I was juggling things all over. I felt like I was tugging a small boat! I mean...I know I am breaking out and am having a fugly week and I don't exactly ooze out the damsel in distress but C'MON PEOPLE!! WHERE IS THE CHIVALRY!? Help a sista out yo!

9 comments:

candy said...

your racist, mean spirited, critical, a chronic complainer, and have a big chip on your shoulder, and yet you want someone to help you out?

Sarah said...

lol no one asked you to read my blog, grow yourself a personality

Karenkool said...

BAHAAAHAAAAAA Who the heck is CANDY????

Sarah said...

Candy is the ghost of my blog...ooooooo

Karenkool said...

Well... he/she is pretty spoooooky! And, well... seemingly angry!!!

Karenkool said...

I guess with that chip on your shoulder--weighing you down and all--those boxes must have really been a challenge. Candy's right! But I'm not so sure I get the racist thing...

Well, Candy was probably drinking anyway.

Sarah said...

I'm racist against old white men who drive Chrysler's

happy idiot said...

comment #1 brought to you by mrs. dick stubbe.

Sarah said...

HAHAHAHA!!