Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Lobster Shirt Bisque



This morning on the train (as you will continue to note, most of my stories derive themselves from train commutes)...there was a man in a bright blue sweater (nice fabric). He was also wearing a designer watch, chain necklace, some expensive looking jeans, and city slicker shoes. Well groomed, very dark skin, so the blue sweater looked nice, big eyes, and a nice bag. So you say to me "My god Sarah! Why didn't you pick him up right then and there!! Wink at him for crying out loud at LEAST!! Pucker up those lips baby!!" Well...I left out one important detail...his blue sweater contained dozens of little red lobsters...all measuring about an inch in size. They were designed and sewn straight into the sweater, and I had to wonder...who in their right mind (and over the age of 3!) would buy a sweater that had little lobster designs all over it?? What was he trying to say with that shirt? Does he enjoy seafood? Was he a fisherman once?? I don't understand. It looked like a very well made sweater too which was what was so perplexing! Why would Ralph Lauren put mini lobsters all over a shirt and be like "HEY THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!!" Is it supposed to be appealing? What am I missing?? Is there a new lobster craze that I haven't gotten on board with yet?? Am I out of the lobster loop?? It's very mysterious. Maybe his great aunt Cynthia gave it to him for his 30th birthday and now he was on his way into the city to visit her in the old folks home....or the asylum....whichever might be the case! And he knew she was bound to ask "so sonny how's that blue lobster sweater i gave ya? are the ladies likin it?? heh heh *cough cough WHEEEEZE**" Maybe that was the case. Or maybe he designed it himself and was hoping by wearing it people would me would start to write blogs about it and it would catch on and possibly make him a multi-millionaire!! Anything is possible.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like something right out of Bridget Jones' Diary, ha ha ha! Except they were reindeer and not lobsters. ;)

Karenkool said...

Dang! And I just purchased a beautiful blue sweater with lobsters embroidered all over it TODAY!!! You think I should return it??

happy idiot said...

well, just in case you decide that lobster guy is the man of your dreams and you're looking for something special to wear on your first date:

http://lobsterwear.notlong.com

and if there might be wee crustaceans in your future:

http://littlelob.notlong.com

you can thank me later.