
Mondays. I hate Mondays.
The only thing Monday has going for itself is new episodes of Prison Break and 24, otherwise I say ta hell with it! Mondays are pretty bleak on their own...however throw in the mix of dirty slush ridden streets, delays for one's commute and, slow-as-hell counter girls taking half an hour to put a napkin in with your tea and muffin...Monday is like a ticking time bomb ready to explode all over you at any given moment. Enter---the happy go lucky subway crowd. The 1 train comes, there's plenty of room for people to move around. We stop at 42nd street. People get on. I'm standing. Someone keeps shoving into me. They don't stop. The 3 feet of personal space rule clearly doesn't apply to them. I know that if I turn around to look at the culprit I might give off the enraged squashed subway victim vibe, so I don't. Someone exhales. Ew. It's called mouthwash and I suggest you use it lady. The pole I'm holding feels oddly slick and oily. Gross. Wipe it down MTA. Give me my Purell sanitizer. 50th Street, finally. The doors open. The trampling herd emerges. I go through the gate. A large yellow puffy blur is headed straight at me. It's on a mission. It doesn't care who it tramples. For a moment I think maybe it will be alright, maybe like a normal human being he will think twice about crushing a fellow pedestrian, but I was wrong. *CRUNCH* *BOOM* *trample trample* Thanks buddy. I really appreciate you playing bumper cars with me. That extra 2 seconds you shaved off your quest to the stairs by ramming into me as opposed to slowing your pace will really help you get to work on time. Gotta punch that time card huh. I could think of something I'd like to punch....No "sorry," no "excuse me," just bang boom and you're on your way. I see how it is. Well in case I didn't fully express my gratitude when you nearly killed me let me bestow upon you the prized little birdie, oh look at her flip! And you can have as many refills on that as you like.
3 comments:
sounds dreamy
Try using the iron head butt or the iron finger. There's no better way to prepare yourself to rule the world then the subway. That's what I say.
People like that are the reason God gave us tazers.
By the way, I hope to see you perform the "Elaine" live and in person some day.
Post a Comment