Thursday, January 25, 2007

Follow Up...


Some of you appear confused as to the last posting so here I am to tell you the tale. Yesterday Victor my coworker goes "Hey Sarah, want to see something cool!" To which I reply.. "No!!" but I went over anyway. :-) He then proceeds to light one match and then lights an entire book of matches on fire over near the window sill. Perhaps if we'd been living in the stoneage I would have been more impressed with such a display, but I love Victor and how easily amused he is so I applaud his efforts. I then go to label a tape and he says, "Hey you want to see something else cool!" And I turn toward him and all I hear is a flick*, what sounds like a match being lit and a flame come hurling toward me...which of course causes me to spaz out and do some funky move like Michael Jackson on crack and then I feel this burning sensation on my arm which causes Victor to come leaping at me going "OH MY GOD!!" ....when we're bored at work we become very theatrical... he makes sure the match drops to the floor and stamps it out...my arm is fine, all is well with the world, but he's lucky it didn't land on my head and lucky I rarely use hairspray. And that my friends is why I thought it necessary to familiarize us all once again with the simple 3 step drill in case your coworker should ever light you on fire.... Stop. Drop. & Roll. And then throw your coworker out the window.

3 comments:

happy idiot said...

Stop and drop wouldn't be a problem for me but the roll part, not such a good idea. You know what happens when we turtles wind up on our backs. And being in the room with someone like Victor would only compound the danger.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for explaining. It sounds like a deadly magic trick. Actually, my dad does that with the matches. Lucky they have never some close to my body. I would be dead. I'm glad you're not. I WILL HAVE NO BODILY HARM AT WORK!!

Sarah said...

I remember when he was flicking those matches down the hallway toward "Bunny's" room hahaha, I was very mystified!