
There are those that would try to quell, overtake, and utterly diminish another's dream. What right do you have? What makes you any different than me? You're angry, bitter, and believe the world owes you all its taken away. "How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it. -Marcus Aurelius." How much of another human being will you decide to claw at to make yourself feel better. But of course it doesn't. It only fuels the anger. For that reason, you will never break me. You will never defeat me. I will always be successful, and you can only ever hope that the bitterness you hold will learn to let you go so you can be free. Small people lead small lives. We can all choose to grow, to let go, to move on, to fly. You only hurt yourself when you let the beast within conquer you. For that I feel sorry for you. However my pity for you is meager compared to the determination I have for the life that I want. Therefore, the flaming arrows you hurl so carelessly at me fall short and dead, because the dream that I have will always be an impenetrable wall. I just thought you should know, I'm not the only one with dreams.
"Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours."
Henry David Thoreau
"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."
Abraham Lincoln
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
Calvin Coolidge
"Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to the end, requires some of the same courage which a soldier needs."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
2 comments:
Very well said! I love that final quote of Emerson. And the first one of Aurelius.
you forgot to quote the Yeats poem! (unless that was the title, errr, oops on my part)
Post a Comment